Friday, September 21, 2007
Name Speculation
This morning I woke up thinking about the name Sophia. I really love the name Sophia (nickname--Sophie). If we had a daughter this was the name I had picked out for her. “Sophia (Sophie) ___ Graf” Doesn’t it have a nice ring to it? The name Sophia means wisdom in Greek. Wise, classy, sophisticated yet humble, that’s what I associate with the name. I have gone back and forth between a Korean middle name or another western name. I also really like: Claire, Alexis, and Catherine for girls. I have not been able to narrow down a boy’s name. If we had a son, he most likely would have received “Paul” as his middle name following the tradition in Paul’s family. I like the names Ethan (meaning steadfast), Daniel, and Zach, but it is a little difficult to think of names that flow well with Paul as a middle name. The first name probably should be more than one syllable. I feel a little silly for having thought of names before ever getting pregnant, but maybe it shows how hopeful and wishful I have been for a long time. I guess I’ll still keep them tucked away somewhere in my mind even though I don’t know if we will ever have the opportunity to give names. Who knows, maybe I would look back and gasp at the names I had thought about giving. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey reb,
i don't know if you want to hear this, but i still think you'll have a child... otherwise, i like the name sophie as well as ethan graf... a girl sounds good.
love ya and miss ya.
You like those names, heh? I like them too. I hope God gives us a child, but we shall see. Thanks for hoping for us. :) Lots of love to ya too.
Post a Comment